women. writers.

Poetry: "Cursing Cursor" by Ramona D. Pina


My cursor curses you into otherworldly dimensions of this 1D digital page.
Words scatter and then come together at my dyslexic enraged livid-ity.

Meanwhile, lucidity shines no light on the bigger picture
and I grab my magnifying glass to gain perspective.

It cracks,
and shatters like frozen ice on the street under the weight of a Mac truck.

Must I control alt delete my reasoning because the logic falls beyond the margins?
Must I hit escape on this cultural bias program,
which decides who I am before I speak,
but has malfunctioned and is now inaccessible?

I bold my personality, italicize my identity and underline my wholistic self.
Prejudices work to underscore my existence, but here I am.

As brightly blinding as sun rays bouncing off of snow banks.
I try the .doc again in hopes of healing.
Praying that it work this time.

I hold my breath and alas my work was saved
and I can carry on, continue where I left off, and realign my focus.
Coded hocus pocus ails whatever pained me
and the cursor winks encouragingly.
1 comment on "Poetry: "Cursing Cursor" by Ramona D. Pina"
  1. This is beautiful. I am inspired by the creativity you bring in and the way you have share your imagination, you life in such expressive way. You have god gifted talent and you must take this to the next level. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete